Taken from the Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation AR315/2002, Part
3, Sub Section 10:
- 1. The following commercial vehicles are exempt from sections 4 and 9 of this Regulation:
- a. a vehicle required by a road authority to transport materials needed for emergency
maintenance of a highway;
- b. a vehicle transporting equipment to a forest fire, flood, train derailment, pipeline
spill or other emergency.
- 2. Sections 11, 14, 15 and 16 apply to the same extent as if the vehicle referred to
in subsection (1) were being operated pursuant to an overdimensional permit or an
- 3. When any vehicle is operated under subsection (1), the person operating the vehicle
or the person on whose behalf the vehicle is being operated shall notify the Director
of the emergency situation.
To view the Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation in its’ entirety,
please follow the below link:
The carrier must complete Emergency Movement of Equipment Form and fax it to the
Central Permit Office within 24 hours of the start of the move.
Emergency Movement of Equipment Form