1. A commercial vehicle shall not be operated on a highway unless at least
- a. The name or logotype of its owner
- b. The weight of the vehicle when it is not carrying a load, and
- c. The licensed maximum gross weight of the vehicle
are displayed on the left and right sides of the vehicle in letters and numerals
of at least 50 millimeters in height.
2. The information required under subsection (1) to be displayed on the commercial
vehicle must be in a contrasting colour to its background so that the information
is clearly visible.
3. A commercial vehicle that is not a school bus shall not be operated on a highway
with the words “SCHOOL BUS” or with words or symbols that suggest that the commercial
vehicle is a school bus appearing on the body of the vehicle or on a sign attached
to the vehicle.
4. Subsection (1) does not apply to
- a. a bus,
- b. a vehicle that is registered as a Class 2 commercial vehicle under section 77(1)
of the Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation (AR 320/2002) if it is
primarily used for farming purposes,
- c. a vehicle that is registered as a Class 2 commercial vehicle under section 77(2)(a)
of the Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation (AR 320/2002),